Pinning Kingsize Quilt

Join us as we discuss all things quilting.

Pinning Kingsize Quilt

Postby tahoegal on Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:43 pm

Hello to everyone from beautiful Lake Tahoe! Can someone out there tell me the best method, or at least a successful method of going about pinning a kingsize quilt; e.g., should I lay out all the layers on the floor or across a table with the sides hanging down or maybe across a king size mattress? Thanks.

Re: Pinning Kingsize Quilt

Postby vinette on Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:13 am

I usually lay out the quilt on the floor, I do not have space for the whole quilt so I lay part of it flat, pin that and then fold it and move the pinned part so that more of the unpinned part is flat, pin,fold and move until I have the quilt pinned.

I used to do it on a bed, but found the floor better as I do not accidentally pin to the bed coverings.

hope this helps

Re: Pinning Kingsize Quilt

Postby pjaldrich on Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:32 pm

My 50 year old back and knees can't handle pinning on the floor. I take my quilts over to my church, move together rectangular tables until I have an adequate size surface for the entire quilt and then layer it and tape it to the tables. It can be a bit of a stretch to pin in the middle, but I usually find a way to do it. Standing on a stool and leaning over helps.

Return to Quilting