Sewing completed blocks

Join us as we discuss all things quilting.

Sewing completed blocks

Postby bjensenx2 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:07 pm

I tried something new to me w/ the latest quilt blocks I made. I decided to hand quilt the blocks seperately so they would be more portable and I could work on them while waiting in office's, while riding the bus, etc. Now I have 24 squares all quilted w/ batting and backing but I am clueless on how to sew them together. I would prefer to do this on the sewing machine but I am not sure how to go about it. I have searched online but didn't find any instructions. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
bjensenx2

Re: Sewing completed blocks

Postby flugiepoo on Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:00 am

I know how but let's see if I can explain it... lst square all your blocks to the same size.. then decide what color you'd like between the blocks. Cut strips 1 and 1/8 inch AND strips 1 3/4 inches.. Fold the 1 3/4 inch in half -- place the 1 1/8 inch strip to the back of a block and the folded piece to the front. Sew them together. Keep doing this until you have a complete row..
Make all your rows. Then connect your rows in the same manner.. If you take a look at my two week wonder in the gallery you'll see what I'm talking about. Hope this helps. If you'd like more instructions Sharon Paderson's dvd from Nine Patch Media dot com. She goes into complete details and "shows" you how to. Be sure to use 1/4" seam allowance. Sure hope this helps. Flugiepoo...
flugiepoo

Return to Quilting