Block Party with Quiltmaker Activities
1/14: Quiltmaker's Block Party @ Sea is sold out but you may email Deb at firstname.lastname@example.org to add your name to the waiting list.
Join in the fun at Block Party @ Sea with Quiltmaker!
What Else Is Happening?
- Opening and closing receptions will bookend our trip.
- Quilt-related demos to further your education aboard.
- Participate in QM's Block Exchange in a beautiful Alaskan palette (optional).
- QM goodie bags, giveaways and surprises all week long—worth hundreds of dollars.
- Open sewing time available to keep working on projects and cultivate new friendships.
- Evening sessions where you'll have more opportunities to get to know the Block Party teachers.
Block Party with Quiltmaker - Block Exchange
Make your own original quilt from blocks exchanged with others at Quiltmaker’s Block Party @ Sea. Everyone who participates will make blocks in an Alaskan color palette. You’ll bring the blocks with you to the Block Party for the exchange. The quilt you make will hold great memories of this fun event!
- Make 9 identical blocks.
- Use any block pattern from any volume of Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks, print and digital versions available at QuiltAndSewShop.com/100blocks.
- Use at least 5 of the colors represented in the Alaskan palette shown on the PDF.
- Use any 100% cotton prints, solids, batiks or combination.
- All blocks should finish at 12” (12.5” unfinished).
- Sign your name on the blocks at least 1” from the edge with a permanent, fabric-safe pen such as Micron Pigma.
- Attach a note to your blocks indicating your name and which block pattern you used.
A 9-block sampler setting pattern will be available at the event; use it or design your own original setting.
Be sure to indicate your participation on the registration form (available soon).
CLICK HERE to download a pdf of the color palette and guidelines.