Block Party with Quiltmaker Activities
Join in the fun at Block Party with Quiltmaker!
- Opening Celebration with Block Party instructors and staff: The Block Party starts here with your first chance to meet Quiltmaker staff and our fantastic lineup of teachers, followed by an inspirational presentation from Bonnie Hunter
- Dinner provided on Thursday and Friday night with fabulous presentations from Jo Morton and Debbie Caffrey
- Fun-filled Block Exchange
- Classroom Show & Tell
Block Party with Quiltmaker - Block Exchange
Make your own original quilt from blocks exchanged with fellow quilters at Block Party with Quiltmaker. Everyone who participates will make blocks in a Pacific Northwest color palette. You'll bring the blocks with you to the Block Party for the exchange. The quilt you make will hold great memories of this fun event!
- Make 9 identical blocks
- Use any block pattern from Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks, Volumes 1-6
- Use at least 3 of the colors shown
- Use any 100% cotton prints, solids, batiks or combination
- All blocks should finish at 12" (12.5" unfinished)
- Sign your name on the blocks at least 1" from the edge with a permanent, fabric-safe pen such as Micron Pigma
- Attach a note to your blocks indicating your name and which block pattern you used
A 9-block sampler setting pattern will be available at the event; use it or design your own original setting.
Be sure to indicate your participation on the registration form.
CLICK HERE to view and download a pdf of the color palette and guidelines.