Getting to Know My EQ Boutique
First, a little history:
From the time Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks was just a wild idea, we’ve been thinking about providing many ways for our readers to access the designs. Because different things work for different people.
We started with printed magazines.
We expanded to downloadable pdfs of the magazines.
We partnered with the folks at Martingale/That Patchwork Place to publish Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks Volumes 1 and 2.
And we partnered with The Electric Quilt Company to bring the designs into pattern printing software called My EQ Boutique. This option is perfect if you missed an early volume of 100 Blocks, or if you just want a few blocks from Volumes 1–4.
My EQ Boutique pattern printing software is free with your first purchase. It’s as simple as shop, download and print—in any size you want. All of the 100 Blocks designs were originally 12″ blocks, but with My EQ Boutique, you can print them in any size you like.
You can purchase block patterns individually or in sets for $29.99. Sets are more economical but it’s totally up to you. You can buy one, or buy 100. Or anything in between.
| Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks, Vol 1 – Swedish Log Cabin
Block #25 by Lorraine Olsen
There is much more information on My EQ Boutique’s website detailing how it works, but here are the top five reasons you can benefit from using My EQ Boutique pattern software.
- Patterns can be printed in any size, at any time.
- You can quickly see a block repeated in a horizontal setting.
- Sewing instructions are available for some collections.
- Instruction on different sewing techniques is available.
- It’s easy. With each purchase, your new patterns add themselves to your Boutique software.
- For advanced users, blocks purchased through My EQ Boutique can be imported and used in EQ7.
- Try it for free with some of the free blocks available! (Please note: The software requires a Windows operating system. It can be run on a Mac as long as the Mac is running Windows using a virtualization software, such as Parallels.)
Of course Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks sets are not the only thing you’ll find on My EQ Boutique. There are many other great patterns, too. I hope you’ll take a look.