Beating the January Blues

I sometimes feel a little blue this time of year. The holidays are over. Lots of cold weather is still to come. The freshness of spring seems far off.

1604675 10152117343317349 1286118313 n Beating the January Blues

If you get the winter blues like I do, maybe a few new quilty tidbits will help.

*     *     *     *     *

Some of my favorite blogs have happy, light and airy quilts all the time.

Economy+Block+Patchwork Beating the January Blues

The Economy Block quilt by Rita of Red Pepper Quilts

Red Pepper Quilts by Rita Hodge (I love her Economy Block tutorial.)

Beating the January Blues

An example of the fun you’ll find on Lori Holt’s Bee in My Bonnet blog

Bee in My Bonnet by Lori Holt (this post is a beautiful place to begin)

Beating the January Blues

Four Home Sweet Home blocks by Lori Holt; pattern in Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks Volume 8

Lori blessed us with Home Sweet Home (above) for her block design in Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks Volume 8.

devoted Beating the January Blues

Karen Griska’s Fandango quilt graces the cover of Quiltmaker’s Devoted to Scraps book from Leisure Arts.

Selvage Blog by Karen Griska: always something interesting! Karen’s quilts regularly knock my socks off. Her Fandango quilt (above) is on the cover of QM’s new Devoted to Scraps book.

Do you have favorite quilt-related blogs? What are they? I’d love to hear about them in the comments. Let’s help each other beat the winter blues!

This entry was posted in Quilty Lifestyle, Scrapbag and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Beating the January Blues

1. Barb Johnson says:

Quilting blogs that I like include Quiltville (of course!), Karen Says Sew, Pieces of a Quilter’s Life, Don’t Call Me Betsy and a bunch I can’t think of the name for. I keep thinking that I should start my own blog, but then I think – what do I do that is interesting enough for others to want to read about? Still pondering that question!

2. Karlene says:

I enjoy my friend Aby’s blog at abyquilts.wordpress.com.

3. Margie says:

Where do I find that darling tractor pattern? Gotta have it!

I love ALL of those blogs!

4. Christa says:

Pretty By Hand makes the prettiest things! I love her blog and she has gotten me I to embroidery!

5. Leanne says:

I follow so many blogs, but my favourites are Stitchery Dickory Dock (stitcherydickorydock.com), Quiet Play (quietplay.blogspot.com) and Sew We Quilt (sewwequilt.com).

6. Two blogs that I enjoy are Cupcakes & Daisies and Aunt Polly’s Porch. Non-quilting: I’ve just discovered One Good Thing by Jillee. Keep warm and sew on!

7. Jocelyn says:

I also love Lori Holt. One of my favorite blogs to beat the blues is Carrie Nelson – http://www.lavieenrosie.com/ She is always lighthearted and fun. Another is Pat Wys – http://www.silverthimblequilt.com/ Sometimes you just have to belly laugh at her comments. Anyway, there are so many wonderfully creative blogs , that it really would be hard to pick just one.

8. I love Lori’s blog, and will admit to being a bit partial to my own (Quilting Hottie Haven) as well. :) I’ve used February as a way to get my followers to commit to sewing 20 minutes a day for the month for a few years now and it really helps beat the winter blues! Plus holy cow does everyone get stuff done.

Also love Seriously….I Think it Needs Stitches blog too!

9. Mrs. Abella says:

I love the scrappy look of the Fandango!