Happy Monday! Let’s have a giveaway. I have some great books here from four different publishers. Leave a comment below before midnight Friday, August 23 and I’ll choose three winners to receive two books each. (Open to everyone but winners outside the U.S. will receive an alternate prize, see below.)
Kansas City Star Quilts
• Springtime in the Rockies features nine Rocky Mountain-region quilt designers with fun quilts in a variety of sizes and styles. Learn new techniques, too. Several designers have been in Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks.
• A Day at Sunny Brook by Maggie Bonanomi is for anyone who loves primitive style. This is a little tale about three sisters living in rural Lafayette County in the mid 1800s. Inspired by the rich colors of a vintage quilt, an 1899 book of advice, and a favorite doll, Maggie brings you the world of Sunny Brook School for Girls. Explore and make the necessary items for every part of their lives: classroom study, sewing, exercise, rest, finer skills and sleep.
C&T Publishing/Stash Books
• Beading Artistry for Quilts by Thom Atkins shows how basic stitches and embellishments add texture and drama to your quilts. This is a comprehensive guide to bead selection and the proper tools, plus a bonus tutorial on how to created a beaded bezel. If you’ve been curious about beading on your quilts, start here.
• In We Love Color, 16 iconic quilt designers join with Robert Kaufman Fabrics to share a gorgeous variety of quilts made with vibrant Kona Cotton Solids. See how much fun it is to sew with solids, no matter what your level of quilting skill. Get outside your print-filled comfort zone and play a little.
• Hand-Appliqued Quilts by Tonye Belinda Phillips is filled with applique projects perfect for any beginner. Simple shapes in vibrant colors and a freeform, folk art style will inspire you to applique at last.
• Author Tina Mast’s Free-Form Patchwork Techniques sets you free to improvise as you create. Cut without a ruler and quickly enjoy success on any of 19 projects—they’re small, quickly made and perfect for gifts. Get rid of the rules you’ve know and embrace free-form, and life will never be the same.
Leave a comment here before midnight Friday, August 23 and I’ll choose three U.S. winners to receive two books each. If a winner from outside the U.S. is chosen, an alternate prize of digital copies of two volumes (your choice of which ones) of Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks will be substituted.
Three winners have been chosen and notified: Cheryl, Connie and Beatrice. Congratulations! Your books are on their way.