My co-workers said that using these Quilting Designs CDs is as easy as 1-2-3.
- Browse the collection and pick a design.
- Choose a size—any size—and print.
- Use the printed motif to quilt.
So I decided to give them a try. Here are some highlights and screenshots of my first encounter with a Quilting Designs CD. I used Volume 8.
Once the software has downloaded it opens up to this screen:
There are three categories on the top: Learn, Patterns, and Print. We are in the Learn section. Perfect for a newbie like me. There are a list of topics on the left to help you learn the software. How handy!
Let’s check out the “Bonus Quilt Pattern.”
That is neat! Each CD has a different original quilt pattern including all the cutting, sewing and quilting instructions.
Now let’s see what the Quilting Videos topic has to offer.
Now let’s check out the Patterns tab at the top.
Let’s see what this one looks like with repeats.
A Print Design box pops up. I selected “Any size I want” and changed my motif size to 8″ x 8″. From here you have lots of options including the number of copies. I hit print and voilá! It printed. Now…I need to find something to quilt. =]
If you already have EQ6 or EQ7 (or if you win it!!) check out the “Using with EQ Software” tab under the Learn section.
Not only does this program stand alone, it can also be used with EQ6 and EQ7. This tab explains, step by step, how to use these motifs in EQ6 and EQ7. You can always refers back to this Learn section for help.
There are eight volumes of Quilting Designs. Included on each Quilting Designs CD are:
- Over 500 unique quilting motifs
- Helpful design instructions on positioning and combining motifs
- Overall, border, sashing and block motifs
- Video tutorials on how to use the printouts for various marking techniques
- Easily re-sizable designs to fit any block, border, sash and corner
- An original quilt pattern
- A helpful “Learn” section to help you navigate
Right now we have a copy of EQ7 quilt design software to give away! One lucky Quilty Pleasures reader will win. For your chance please leave a comment here before midnight Friday, April 26. (Comments on this post will not be entered in the drawing. Please visit the other post to comment.)