Pre-Valentine’s Day Freebie

Have you discovered Quiltmaker on Facebook? We have a lot of fun there, posting pictures of reader quilts, antique quilts, quilty quotes, artistic inspiration, special deals and features from our issues.

Screen shot 2013 02 06 at 1.03.59 PM Pre Valentines Day Freebie

We’re nearing 20,000 “likes” on Facebook and to celebrate that milestone, and since it’s nearly Valentine’s Day, we have posted a free pattern for Hearts Afloat. Hearts Afloat was designed by Bev Getschel and originally appeared in Quiltmaker’s Jan/Feb ’12 issue.

13913 pattern img Pre Valentines Day Freebie

Hearts Afloat is a free pattern from now until 2/22/13 when you "like" Quiltmaker on Facebook.

It will be available for download to anyone who gives us a “like” on Facebook until 2/22/13.

Head on over to our page and give us a thumbs up, and then you can get started on your own Hearts Afloat quilt. It’s on us!

This entry was posted in Freebies and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Pre-Valentine’s Day Freebie

1. Nancy Alexander says:

I feel sorry for folks that don’t have time for Facebook. I am 74 years old and still work part-time – but I also enjoy a lot of things on the computer, including Facebook.
    I don’t always get everything done that I would like, but that doesn’t stop me from trying!!

2. Liisa says:

I don’t do the Facebook thing. Why are so many websites trying to get us to join Facebook. It seems like a cult.

Nope, I don’t Facebook either.

4. Patsy Petrich says:

I would like yo make this for my sister and he new husband

5. Valerie says:

Ive got the fabric, please bring on the pattern!

6. Edna says:

Thank you so much for the free pattern, I appreciate it, whether it be on Facebook or your website, both of which I frequent. I am so excited to start this quilt!

7. amy tanner says:

i have recently received my magazine and i just love this quilt. i am ready to do this. i think i would love it in the reds, and pink with white.

8. Diane Harris says:

Hi everyone, this is Diane for Quiltmaker. We know that not everyone uses Facebook or wishes to. That’s okay! We use Facebook along with other tools because it’s an effective way to interact with some of our consumers. Like other media companies today, we need to take advantage of the variety of places consumers spend their time. This particular free pattern is to encourage new fans at Facebook. If you don’t use Facebook, you’ll find additional freebies on our website at quiltmaker.com/freebies.html. Free patterns are a fun bonus we offer in many different places. In the right-hand side bar of the blog, you can get a free pincushion pattern when you sign up for our email newsletter. Pink Lemonade is a free pattern available on our website to anyone: http://www.quiltmaker.com/patterns/details.html?idx=9386. Enjoy, on us!

9. Carol says:

I also think it unfair to have to give in to facebook just to get a “FREE” pattern. Those of us that do not want to get into that whole “Facebook” thing should not be “punished” for not giving into it. Some of us prefer not to join the obsurd facebook era.

10. Lisa Fenner says:

I do have a facebook account but what i dont understand that if i like which i already have in the past how can i get this pattern . thank goodness i have that back issue . thank you for letting me know which issue it is in. For those quilters that dont use facebook it is not fair to them which they should be able to get this pattern for free. isnt there some way you can make patterns available to them without them having to like facebook? i think it would only be fair to them..

11. Maryann Ratchford says:

Email says “free” and no mention that one has to “like” you on Facebook! I would not have even clicked on the highlighted area to get the pattern if I had known that it was really not “FREE”. Shame on you.

12. Tee says:

Nor do I have Facebook, and won’t. Please don’t assume that all of us do and please give us an alternate source for getting the pattern.

13. Joann says:

I do not have a facebook account nor do I intend to get one. Patterns aren’t free when one has to apply to a site they don’t want. It looks like a neat pattern. Too bad I can’t download it.

14. Joyce says:

While I do understand those who do not have a FB account (and choose not to have one for the sole purpose of obtaining “free” patterns), I find it amusing that this “free” pattern was previously published in Quiltmaker’s Jan/Feb 2012 issue. IF you have a subscription, you’ve already got the pattern! If you do not have a subscription to Quiltmaker, I think there are likely backorders available. Either way, you must purchase something to get the “free” pattern … ironic, I think!

That being said, I do have a Facebook account, but I use it to catch up with friends and family, NOT to roam the FB accounts for businesses, publications, and the like so that I can ‘like’ them for freebies. The internet is a fine tool, but I, too, find that if I spend much time on the ‘net, it leaves less time for quilting. So, which would I rather do? My brain is already filled to capacity with designs and patterns I WANT to make someday, but doubt I will have enough time to do. So I CHOOSE to spend less internet time and more quilting time. I don’t really need another ‘free’ pattern to fill another dusty brain corner to confuse my issue.

15. E Pray says:

I “like” quilting not Facebook. Please be so kind and offer your free patterns to non-Facebook enthusiasts.

16. I love the magazine and love the pattern but I don´t have Facebook and I don´t want it but I would love to receive the pattern.

Love the magazine, love the pattern, don’t love Facebook nor do I want to love Facebook. There is still a population of quilters outside the realm of Facebook.

18. BARBARA says:

Like others, I like this “free pattern,” unfortunately I don’t use Facebook.

19. Ellen Mead says:

Love the look of the quilt but don’t have Facebook and don’t want to have it so I guess I won’t be making this beautiful quilt. This is discrimination against quilters who do not have Facebook accounts as we are not given a chance to receive these patterns any other way,

20. Char Rathman says:

Why do you think that everyone who quilts has time to spend on facebook…..I do not have an account and dont intend to get one… and quite frankly am a little disturbed that it is necessary to down load a free pattern just by liking. By the way I am subscribed to Quilty and enjoy all that it offers….and also recieve Quiltmaker….that alone takes up what freetime I have.

21. Renea says:

I really love this pattern. Thanks for making it available to everyone. Sadly, I will not be able to download the pattern as I do not have a Facebook account.

22. Patricia Christensen says:

beautiful. I can’t wait to make this!!!!