Pillowcases for Presents: Free Pattern

This weekend is the Labor Day holiday here in the U.S. and like many people, I’m heading off to visit family. But before I packed, I took time to sew pillowcases for two of my little great-nieces and a great-nephew. I used QM’s free pillowcase pattern.

pillowcases1 Pillowcases for Presents: Free Pattern
Make your own special pillowcase with our free pattern.

I had so much fun picking out fabrics I thought each of them would enjoy. For the boy I chose monkeys and awesome orange stripes, both from Dear Stella, and threw in a green trim from my stash.

pillowcase2 Pillowcases for Presents: Free Pattern

Little pigs in pink and green will please one of the girls. They are part of Get Together by David Walker for FreeSpirit in Chartreuse.

pillowcase3 Pillowcases for Presents: Free Pattern

Elephants on pink will amuse the other great-niece. They’re also from Dear Stella’s Play Date.

pillowcase4 Pillowcases for Presents: Free Pattern

Next time you need a quick, easy, personalized gift for someone you love, head on over to our free pillowcase pattern and whip one up.

This entry was posted in Freebies, Scrapbag. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Pillowcases for Presents: Free Pattern

1. Irene says:

Hi, love this idea for children. What size pillow are you using for the childs pillow?

Thanks

2. Lynne Jauss says:

I have made this pillowcase before, but lost the pattern! So glad I “Googled…”

3. ola says:

I love your site, your designs are exquisite and very unique,keep up the good work.

4. Excellent! I knew I would find a pillowcase pattern here. I need to stitch up some quick pillowcases for Christmas!

5. Sue says:

I have tried this pillowcase pattern and you can make at least one pillowcases
    in a day.

6. Suzy says:

For those who do better with a visual presentation there is a video :

We make these every year for kids who are in the Foster Care system. They are given a garbage bag to carry their personal items from home to home and these pillowcases gives them something distinctly theirs for their personal items.

7. Millie Paxton says:

For Christmas last year I made pillowcases for my daughter’s stepsons (ages 3 and twins, age 11) and my two great-granddaughters (age 3). They were a big hit. My daughter said the boys could hardly wait to go to bed on Christmas night so they could use the pillowcases.
    This year I have again made pillowcases, already have them ready to wrap. I think this will be a great tradition in our family.

8. Pingback: Winner, plus busy September : All About Applique

9. Dee W. says:

Love your choice of fabrics for pillowcases. Having two grandchildren, I love making them different ones at different times of the year – even made “camper” pillowcases last year.

10. Jacqueline From Pitt Meadows, BC says:

great pattern, thank you!

11. These are adorable; what a great idea! The hem of the pillowcase would be a great place to embroider a child’s name or monogram, too. Thanks for sharing this, and Happy Labor Day!

12. Kim says:

Adorable Auntie Diane
    I hope the kids just love them!
    Have a safe and fun labor day and
    Happy sewing

13. Jocelyn says:

Thank you for the link for the pattern. I have wanted to make pillowcases for the little people I know, but I’ve not taken the time to search out a pattern. I think this is a great fabric/scrap buster!

14. DianeH says:

Thanks for the great pattern. Adorable pillowcases.

15. Pingback: Pillowcases for Presents: Free Pattern | Quilty Pleasures Blog | E.W. Patterns