Welcome to Day 1 of Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks Blog Tour—the orange issue! We’re glad you’re here! This week you’ll have a chance to visit many of the blogs written by 100 Blocks designers, and you’ll get a taste of what’s inside Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks Volume 5. We have issues to give away and great prize bundles, too, including the traditional Great Big Bundle on Friday. Learn more about what a blog tour is.
Inspiration will ooze from this page every day this week, leading up to the release of Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks Volume 5 on Tuesday, May 8. You’ll have many chances to win a copy, or to win one of many other great prizes!
And if you don’t happen to win, ask for 100 Blocks Volume 5 at your local quilt shop or newsstand, or get it from quiltandsewshop.com.
Both have contributed yummy fabrics to our prize packages! We’re grateful for their partnership.
Now here’s a peek at what’s in store for you in Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks Volume 5.
Here’s a fun applique block by Connie Sue Haidle called Bird in the Boughs.
A foundation paper pieced block by Carolyn McCormick called Circle of Friends.
A block of mixed techniques by Terri Degenkolb called Daisy Delight.
A pretty pieced block called Loyal Daughter by Jennifer Chiaverini.
Today we’re highlighting 13 designer blogs below. Visiting their websites will reveal more giveaways plus a great deal of inspiration for your own quilt projects. Don’t forget our giveaway at the end of this post.
Today’s Featured Designers
1. Katie Blakesley: swimbikequilt.com
2. Sonja Callaghan: artisania.wordpress.com
3. Kari Carr: newleafstitches.posterous.com
4. Barbara Cherniwchan: barbcherniwchan.blogspot.com
5. Melissa Corry: happyquiltingmelissa.blogspot.com
6. Deanne Eisenman: snugglesquilts.com
7. Konda Luckau: moosequilts.blogspot.com
8. Kay Mackenzie: allaboutapplique.net
9. Nancy Mahoney: nancymahoney.com/blog
10. Celine Perkins: perkinsdrygoods.com/blog
11. Deborah Vollbracht: creativefolkquilting.blogspot.com
12. Deborah Johnson: inthedoghousedesigns.wordpress.com
13. Carolyn Beam: QM Creative Editor
By now you’re inspired and motivated and you’re dying to start sewing! Let’s give away copies of Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks Volume 5, the orange issue, inside three prize bundles filled with quilty goodness.
Leave a comment below by midnight Tuesday, May 1 telling about one of the blogs or websites you visited from the list above and what you enjoyed there. We’ll choose three winners on Wednesday, May 2 and post them here.
Congratulations to random winners Cindy B #124, Lynda Flowers #334 and Jan S #337. Thanks for all your comments!
Thanks for joining us. See you tomorrow!
* * * * *
Remember to come back on Friday, May 4 for a chance to win the Great Big Bundle of prizes from industry sponsors and Quiltmaker.