It’s Sew LEGO®

I’m sure many of you have heard about Pinterest and wasted whiled away many an hour perusing the ideas and inspiration out there. Quiltmaker has it’s own set of Pinterest boards that you can check out to see what inspires us. One recent picture on our Sew Cool board caught my eye.

legosewingmachine 300x199 It’s Sew LEGO®

LEGO® sewing machine

This LEGO® Bernina version was made by Miss Sews-it-all who was inspired by Carrie’s version over at Suchity Such. Apparently there is a lot of LEGO stuff going on over at Carrie’s house!

As the mother of an 11-year-old boy who LOVES LEGOs®, I knew I had to ask him to make one for me. He is the grandson of a mechanical engineer and the son of a designer, so I should have known it would not be a simple reproduction of the original. Must make it bigger, better, more structurally sound, over-engineered, over-designed, etc., etc.

My son was SO excited about what he’d created when he presented it to me and I was beaming with pride and joy when I saw it.

QMMP 120600 LEGO 073057 300x300 It’s Sew LEGO®

My son’s LEGO® sewing machine

My version has a computer keypad, feed dogs and space for multiple spools of thread. He wanted me to know that he had to dig deep for the spool pieces and that the silver hand wheel piece was his only one. Guess that makes me pretty special in his eyes!

QMMP 120600 LEGO 073064 297x300 It’s Sew LEGO®QMMP 120600 LEGO 073067 300x210 It’s Sew LEGO®I am one proud mama and everyone here at Quiltmaker was duly impressed. Their first question was “Can he make a long arm machine?” Hmm… he’s so smart he probably could!

About Denise Starck

I am the Graphic Designer for Quiltmaker. I really love what I do and being able to combine my two passions, graphic design and quilting, into every day is fantastic! I've been quilting for over 14 years and enjoy all types of quilting.
This entry was posted in Quilty Lifestyle, Scrapbag, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to It’s Sew LEGO®

1. Pingback: The Hockey Stick | SUCH Designs

2. Linda B says:

I have made of these little machines and they are so darn cute. I want to make more, just need to get a certain piece and I will be back in business. Just wish Lego would put this together in a kit.

3. Su Scott says:

What a clever young lad making this LEGO sewing machine! I want one too.
    Very cool!

4. This is adorable everyone should own one of these!!!

5. Lyzzette Flores says:

Hello, I live in Puerto Rico and would like to have one lego sewing machine. Where I could get the parts to make one, or can you make one for me?

Thnks for your comment, Lyzzette

6. Oh my! I need one of those for my collection. I wonder if I could inspire one of my boys with this blog post?!?

7. This is great — and yeah — let his engineering mind go to town on legos. Perhaps he’ll grow up to design then next great generation of sewing machines!

8. Carrie says:

Love it! Thanks for linking to me. I am so glad my little LEGO Bernina has inspired so many people. I love the multiple spools of thread and the keypad!

9. Sally says:

Does anyone know of any Lego fabric? My grandkids are Lego addicts and I would love to make them something from a fabric with Legos on it.

10. Danielle says:

Way to go Spencer!!!

11. Lisa Johnson says:

My grandson and I just watched a program on Legos the other night, it was very interesting. Their design teams are always looking for new ideas and try out lots of them, you should send his pic to Lego. I would buy a small one as a novelty. He might get something but maybe not but wouldnt it be cool if they put it on their blog or website.

12. Nicole says:

That is the cutest thing I have ever seen! How amazingly clever your son is to have constructed it!

13. Annie K says:

That’s one of the most amazing Lego creations I’ve ever seen. Can you imagine what he’ll be designing in another 11 years?

14. Kris says:

A-dorable! Of all the things to make with Legos, a sewing machine never crossed my mind.