Treasure Hunt 2011 Sponsor: Clover

Each day in October we’ll feature one industry sponsor who is partnering with us for Quiltmaker’s Treasure Hunt. You’ll find all the details on our Treasure Hunt page.

treasurehunt11 200 Treasure Hunt 2011 Sponsor: CloverToday’s featured Treasure Hunt sponsor is Clover.

CloverLogoSquare 125 Treasure Hunt 2011 Sponsor: CloverClover makes some of the best notions in the business. I’ll bet if you pull open your sewing machine drawers, you’ll find something by Clover! From rotary cutters to needles, felting supplies, yo-yo makers, marking tools, thread, thimbles and mini-irons—the list goes on and on.

One time-saving product Clover makes is Quick Bias Tape. Each of 25 prize packages in the Treasure Hunt will contain this great product! Each spool of this fusible product contains 11 yards of bias tape. Excellent for stained glass projects!

clover11 Treasure Hunt 2011 Sponsor: Clover

Above is block #114 from Quiltmaker‘s 100 Blocks Volume 2. It’s called Nucleus and was designed by Scarlett Rose. This is a perfect place to use Clover’s fusible Quick Bias Tape.

clover2 Treasure Hunt 2011 Sponsor: Clover

Modern Mission from McCall’s Quick Quilts November 2008 uses Clover's Quick Bias Tape.

Above is a gorgeous quilt from our sister publication McCall’s Quilting. It’s called Modern Mission and is from McCall’s Quick Quilts November 2008. It’s a fabulous use of the bias tape product.

t152 2579439d68b583db3348f7fa15391566 Treasure Hunt 2011 Sponsor: Clover

My favorite Clover product is the Embroidery Needle Threader. I use it whenever I’m embroidering with thicker threads. Works like a charm!

Take time to look over Clover’s site, where you’ll find useful tools galore. Quiltmaker gratefully acknowledges Clover’s generous sponsorship during the Treasure Hunt. We appreciate their partnership.

This entry was posted in Giveaways & Contests, Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Treasure Hunt 2011 Sponsor: Clover

1. Diane Harris says:

Here’s a brief article on mitered borders: http://www.quiltmaker.com/articles/Piecing_and_Applique/4
    They really aren’t that hard once someone shows you how it’s done!

2. gladys says:

I am hooked on the bias tape and have my supplies ready to do Modern Mission wall hanging. I have made first commuion presents for my granddaughters using the bias tape and made wallhangings with different crosses also have made a spring flower wall hanging and a purple iris flower with purples using black bias tape. Hope to get a large wolf wall hanging done for my son for Christmas.

3. Nancy says:

I have the embroidery needle threader also, and have nothing but good to say…it is awesome!!! I searched a long time for just the right one, and wasn’t disappointed when I got it.

A mitered corner is when two pieces of fabric (usually borders) meet at a 45 degree angle into a 90 degree corner (similar to an L). A square ruler, ideally bigger than the width of both borders where they meet in the corner, is the best tool for the job. Find one (Olfa is a good brand) that has the diagonal clearly marked. Fold your quilt on the diagonal into the corner, lining up the outside edges evenly (I usually pin my quilt so it will stay in this position), and place the diagonal line on the ruler parallel over the outside edges. Draw a line on the 45 degree angle. Fold one border back on this line to see if these line up nicely. If they do, fold back to the original position, pin and stitch. Check again to see they meet nicely, and press open. If all lies flat and smooth, THEN trim to a 1/4 inch seam allowance. You might want to stitch all four corners before trimming. This is hard to explain without drawing a picture for you. ;}

5. Sharon Sego says:

Help! I’m a beginner to quilting and half the time I don’t know if I’m doing right. What’s a mitired corner? What tools should I have first?

6. Louise Duff says:

I love Clover products. Thanks.