Even though this week is all about 100 Blocks Volume 3, there is a lot more happening at Quiltmaker.
|Featured Quilts from our Readers in the Quiltmaker Show & Tell Gallery|
|Berry Pie, Quiltmaker
|Ruff Patch, Quiltmaker
|Rubber Duckie, Block #246, 100 Blocks Volume 3|
- First Friday Show & Tell: We want to see the quilts you’ve made from Quiltmaker patterns, regular issues, 100 Blocks Volumes 1-3, Quiltmaker’s Quilting & Embroidery or from our website. The Quiltmaker Show & Tell Gallery is hosted on Quilter’s Club of America. Post your photos on the First Friday each month (or anytime during the month) for a chance to win prizes. Find instructions for posting on our website.
- Blog Giveaways: There are some active giveaways on our blog that aren’t related to 100 Blocks. There’s a chance to win one of five autographed copies of Bonnie Hunter’s newest book Scraps & Shirttails II. There’s also an opportunity to win some great Sulky thread.
- Like us on Facebook: Post comments, answer questions (look for the poll to tell us your favorite Quiltmaker pattern ever!), share photos at facebook.com/QuiltmakerMag.
- Patch Pals Collection: Every issue in 2011 features one of these delightful, cuddly pals. We’re seeing lots of photos of these fun animal quilts. View the Patch Pals collection (kits available). Three more patterns to be unveiled throughout 2011. See Denise’s post that shows how the borders are interchangeable.
|Flower Baskets: Classic & Update from Quiltmaker’s May/June ’11 issue|
- Classic/Update Patterns: Also in our 2011 issues we’re taking a classic pattern and then updating it in today’s fabric with technique updates where applicable. Explore more Quiltmaker 2011 issues on our website.
- Addicted to Scraps: Bonnie Hunter presents a scrappy block that implements her Scrap User’s System in every issue. Explore the Addicted to Scraps pages on our website for a setting idea with each block. Have you made something with one of Bonnie’s Addicted to Scraps blocks? We’d love to see them in the Quiltmaker Gallery (see First Friday Show & Tell above) or on our Facebook page.
All that and so much more packed into every Quiltmaker issue! If you want to make sure you don’t miss anything later this year, check out the Subscription Special Offers posted earlier this week.
FREE E-book: 3 Fast & Easy Crib Quilts is free when you sign up for our email newsletter, Quilty News. (If you’re already getting the newsletter, enter the same email address for access to the ebook and you’ll stay on the email list just once.)
Chance to win:
For a chance to win a copy of 100 Blocks Volume 3, tell me in a comment below by 12 noon Mountain time on Friday 5/6 what other topics you’d like to see in free e-books from Quiltmaker.
And the random winner is: amy dame (comment #38). Thanks for all of your suggestions. Let me answer some of the comments:
- One thing we’ve been working on and just got set up this morning is 3 FREE Quilting Motifs available to everyone who LIKES us on Facebook. Head on over to Facebook.com/QuiltmakerMag and share the news with your quilty friends!
- I recommend Free Font Friday at our sister scrapbooking magazine Creating Keepsakes.
- I know they’re not free, but we do have some great resources for quilting designs. See the Brought to You by Quiltmaker post for ideas.
- Stay in touch with Quiltmaker to know when we do update our free e-book offerings: Like us on Facebook, Subscribe to Quilty News and keep reading Quilty Pleasures!