Quiltmaker July/August Preview

140cover Quiltmaker July/August Preview

You’re in for a treat with the July/August issue of Quiltmaker. Subscriber copies begin shipping this week and it will appear at quilt shops and newsstands by June 7. I think you’ll like this one. Here are select highlights:

spinoutresized Quiltmaker July/August Preview

Spinout, designed by Barbara Cline, shown in Art Gallery Fabrics

• For those who enjoy foundation paper piecing, Spinout will have you swirling. The featured quilt is wonderfully contemporary, and the QM Scrap Squad will add its versions, too. They’ve done another fabulous job of showing how you can make this quilt using your scrap fabrics! The Scrap Squad’s quilts will be unveiled right here on Quilty Pleasures in June.

minniesresized Quiltmaker July/August Preview

Minnie's Hummingbird, vintage quilt by Minnie Jacoby Schultz

• Our Classic/Update theme continues with Minnie’s Hummingbird. The Classic version is set with a cheerful yellow solid. The Update is so different, you’ll hardly recognize it.

monkeysresized Quiltmaker July/August Preview

Tumbling Monkeys by Heidi Pridemore in fabrics from Robert Kaufman

• Looking for a cheerful, easy kid’s quilt? Look no further than Tumbling Monkeys from Heidi Pridemore, always a favorite QM designer. This design is great for a boy or a girl—just change up the colors however you like.

More highlights in the days to come: a fun contest with quilts as prizes, Part 2 of our Secret Window mystery series and another adorable Patch Pal. Stay tuned!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Quiltmaker July/August Preview

1. I would love to make the Spinout pattern on page 46 of your July/August 2011 magazine. I am unable to locate the printer friendly pages with multiple foundations, templates for A, B and Br and a line drawing for that pattern. Is it still available? If so, how can I get it? Thank you. Luella Teasley luetea@live.com

2. Jill Banta says:

Where is the free printer-friendly pages for Splashy?

3. On page 57 of the July/August’11 magazine, re “Minnie’s Hummingbird,” says that there is a “BONUS Go to quiltmaker.com**** for Minnie’s Hummingbird printable templates.” Have tried several times and have not been able to retrieve any information on the quilt, let alone the printable pattern pieces.

Can you please help?

Thank you, Carolyn A Nichols, Subscriber

• June says:

Carolyn, be sure you type the bonus address given in the magazine into the browser field. The page is there and the downloads work. If you are trying to search the site to find the page, it doesn’t come up that way. If you still have problems, please write to editor@quiltmaker.com and we’ll help you that way.

4. Sheila Allen says:

July/August I love the look of Minnie’s Hummingbird but can not find the templates
    (help)

5. Jo'Ann M Derry-Bernardo says:

Just learned to do foundation piecing and was very excited to see the spinout pattern offered for free…very disappointed…the suggested website to get pattern leads nowhere to be found, will reconsider renewing my subscription.
    ANY SUGGESTIONS FROM PUBLISHER??????

6. Cynthia says:

On page 36 of #140 issue of Quiltmaker it tells you to type in order to get the tumbling monkeys bolck pattern but NOTHING comes up……….except a blog which tells me nothing

7. Pingback: Quiltmaker July/August Preview - Quiltmaker Magazine - Quilters Club of America

8. June says:

In case you’re having trouble downloading the bonus content, try typing the bonus code (numbers only) into the search box on the top right of quiltmaker.com.

9. Connie says:

I cannot find the templates, etc from your July/August issue. I typed in the address as requested and cannot get to the bonus page. Please send instructions to get to where I need to be. Thank you.

10. I have the July-August issue and went to the web sight, but could not find the templates.
    A great issue this time!

11. Marie Carreiro says:

Can’t get to the printable templates for Spinout. Where is the bonus page?

12. hazel harris says:

I enjoy the new patterns every month

13. martha mumaw says:

i typed in the address on page 14 and still no bonus templates? where are they?

14. June says:

Phyllis, Betty, Muriel & Dale: The bonus templates are online at the web address printed on page 14 of the July/Aug issue. You need to type the address as printed in the magazine. The templates are a bonus for those who have the issue, so you can’t find them with a web search. Once you get to the bonus page, click on each link to download the template you want. Hope that helps!

15. Dale says:

Help – Where are the templates ?

16. Dale says:

I’m looking for these templates too ! Please help

17. Muriel R. Hildabrant says:

Has the printable monkey patterns been placed on the internet as yet?
    How do I access your sight to accomplish this? I am looking for bonus *** for Tumbling Monkeys ;rintable monkey patterns.

18. Betty Lynch says:

I am looking for bonus *** to get free printer-friendly pages with multiple foundations, templates A B and Brand line drawing for Spinout… Help!!!

19. Jan LaBeause says:

Still waiting on my copy :( Can’t wait to start on Part 2 of the Mystery Quilt.

20. Phyllis Norrie says:

I was looking for the bonus *** to get free printer friendly pages with multiple foundations, templates for
    A,B , andBr and a line drawing for spinout.
    I have not been able to get this.
    Please let me know what it is that would be of help
    Thanks
    Phyllis

21. Looks like another great issue. Can’t wait until my copy arrives in my mailbox:)

22. Mariane says:

you are making my hand itch to start on these great quilts.
    Now, only to find the time.

23. Deb says:

Ooh I can’t wait to get my issue!! As soon as I saw Spinout I thought it looked like Barbara Cline’s pattern. Sure enough, I scrolled down and, there was her name. Barbara is my wonderful quilt teacher here in VA! She is becoming more and more well-known!

24. Melissa says:

Can’t wait for part 2 of the mystery quilt series!

25. Trudy L says:

I LOVE the cover quilt! Very summer-y! The monkey quilt is really cute, too!

26. Janet says:

The monkeys are so cute. Love the bright colors on the cover. Can’t wait for my new issue!!