QM’s Countdown to Christmas

CountdowntoXmas1 QMs Countdown to Christmas

It’s December 1—let the Countdown begin!

We’re going to have lots of fun here between now and Christmas. Stop by every Monday, Wednesday and Friday through December 24 for holiday inspirations. We’re kicking it off today with a reminder about one of our most popular posts this year.

If you’re making any gifts this holiday season, have you thought about adding a label? Our tutorial for a Quick Quilt Label Method will make it a breeze.

labeltitle 300x241 QMs Countdown to Christmas

Labeling your quilts is an important step in the creative process. A label on your quilt is the final touch that completes your work. It can serve as a record, a greeting, a sentiment or a prayer. It provides critical information for now and later about who made the quilt, along with when and where.

If you make a label for a holiday gift or for any quilt at all, we invite you to post a photo on our Facebook page.

I'm an editor for Quiltmaker magazine in Golden, Colorado, USA. For six years, I wrote pattern instructions, product reviews and how-to articles. Then I spent four years as QM's Interactive Editor, working to generate much of our online content. Now I'm back to patterns and how-tos, which is a great fit for me. I still love writing about quilt-related topics for Quilty Pleasures, and I always have my finger on the pulse of the quilting world. I teach a variety of quilt classes and give guild programs, too. Reach me by email: editor@quiltmaker.com.
This entry was posted in Quilting 101, Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to QM’s Countdown to Christmas

1. Marcia W. says:

I remember this nice tutorial!

2. Helen Hobbs says:

Loved reading all the commments. As far as photos are concerned, why not put the quiltmakers photo on the label too? And, I quilt-stitch through my labels to make it difficult for them to be removed.

3. Helen Hobbs says:

Loved reading all the commments. As far as photos are concerned, why not put the quiltmakers photo on the lable too? And , I quilt through my lables to keep them from being removed.

4. Sharon K says:

My Grandmother taught me to always make a label for any sewing I do. Since I have an embroidery machine and software I normally design something & do an embroidered label

5. Nadine Morrison says:

Great little tutorial. I am really bad for putting labels on and many of my quilts are given away before being labelled. This is so super simple, I am sure my non label days are done.
    Thanks

6. Jocelyn says:

Thanks for the tutorial. Labels always seem to be difficult for me to handle. Many times I just go with the premade ones.