Thanks for popping by for our blog tour. I think we’ve had as much fun reading your comments as you’ve had cruising the blog tour. And, you’re all very welcome! I have answers below to seven of the most common questions.
1. Can I still get 100 Blocks Volume 1? Yes, 100 Blocks, Volume 1 can be purchased as a digital version at QuiltandSewShop.
2. Will there be a a digital version of Volume 2? Yes, we do plan to release a digital version of Volume 2. Sign up for Quilty News to stay in touch with all the latest news from Quiltmaker–including an announcement when we release the digital version.
3. Is there going to be a Volume 3 of 100 Blocks? YES! In fact, the next round of blocks have been submitted and are in our studio now for selection into 100 Blocks, Volume 3. And (drumroll, please!) Volume 3 is due on newsstands in early May 2011, with Volume 4 due out in November 2011! Twice the fun next year
4. Can I get one of those mugs I saw on some designers’ sites? Sorry, the mugs are not available for sale. They were gifts to the block contributors and a handful of others who played a key role in producing this magazine.
5. Can I go back to sewing now? I sure hope so! It’s time to put all the inspiration, ideas and new patterns into practice. But don’t forget to check out Quiltmaker’s Treasure Hunt for a chance to win a PFAFF® quilt expression™ 4.0 or one of 25 amazing prize packages filled with goodies from Blank Quilting, C&T Publishing, Fat Quarter Shop, Handi Quilter, Northcott, P&B Textiles, Presencia, Quilting by the Bay, Red Rooster Fabrics, Stitchin’ Heaven, Sulky of America and Westminster/FreeSpirit. That’s over $14,000 worth of total prizes! (The Treasure Hunt Contest is open to U.S. and Canada residents only.)
6. Can we do this EVERY day? Well . . . yes, you can certainly visit all of the designers every day, but no guarantee for prizes all the time Watch for a post later this week that lists all of the designers in Volume 2 who weren’t able to participate in the blog tour. Even without prizes you’ll enjoy visiting their sites.
7. Where can I find Quiltmaker internationally? The November 16 on sale date is in the U. S.–it will take longer to ship overseas. When you see 100 Blocks on a newsstand, post it on our Facebook wall to help others in that part of the world find it! At Quilt Market a couple of weeks ago, I met a quilt shop owner from Sweden who’s carrying it, but I didn’t get her card. In the meantime I do have a list that shows some international locations that carry Quiltmaker magazines:
- Calico House-*- BE
- The Contented Cat – UK*
- De Sampler Patchwork en Quiltshop-NL
- Needlecraft Distributors Ltd.*NZ
- Quilting Dreams-MX
- In the U.K.:
- Eason O’Connell Street
- Dalesway News
- Eason Galway
- Eason Bow St. Lisburn
- Martins Sharoe Green Lane
- Eason Coleraine
- Eason High St. Enniskillen