What’s Really New at Quiltmaker

OK, we don’t have a new Magnetic Quilting System (see my April 1 post and thanks for playing along with your own warnings, prior patents and claims of using or having heard of this before), but we do have a new issue! That’s right May/June ’10 is arriving in subscriber mailboxes now. It’ll be on newsstands by April 13. You can preview the issue now on our website.

Whats <i>Really</i> New at Quiltmaker

Quiltmaker May/June '10

More about this issue later–back to April Fool’s pranks. I saw  Google-Becomes-Topeka-for-a-Day and Zappos suing Walt Disney.

I found a few quilty pranks:

So what did you see yesterday? Leave a comment with a prank you pulled, or fell for, or just thought was pretty clever. I’ve got a Clover Stack ‘n Store Bobbin Tower to give away next Friday, April 9 after 12 noon Mountain time to the one I like the best.

6be9a7abaf13c59615c4d690e3932fc1 Whats <i>Really</i> New at Quiltmaker

Win this bobbin tower

[Update 4/9: I chose Sheena's prank as my favorite--she wins the bobbin tower. It was a new idea to me and sounds both do-able and believe-able. Shh! Don't tell my staff about it.]

About June Dudley

I'm the Editor-in-Chief of Quiltmaker magazine. I have enjoyed quilting for many years. And I love to collect fabric, thread, books and all things quilty. I especially like batiks, bright colors, florals, dots, stripes and anything purple or teal.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to What’s Really New at Quiltmaker

1. Sheena B says:

Oh Wow! I am so excited. I’ll send you my info!

2. bingobonnie says:

we were scheduled to leave headed from TX to KY to spend Easter with our family and that morning after I got out of the shower my husband came up and said that when he took down the suitcases that one of the tires on the van was flat. :/ bummer!

and then when I went down -he cracked up that he April Fooled me!!! LOL and it was a good one too b/c we had a huge for real blow out when we drove back from KY over Christmas the last time…. at 4:30am on the interstate.. so I was so relieved that we didn’t have any tire problems! ;)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

3. randi says:

I wasn’t very happy (yep, kinda grumpy to say the least) when my kids hid all the coffee the night before and my DH told me we were out in the morning. Ugh, it was a rough start to the day!

4. fleurette says:

I’m so happy it was an april fools prank, her quilting is stunning.

5. lisa says:

I didn’t gall for it for long, but I saw Starbucks’ press release abut their 2 oz new size (and thought…thats our sample cups, thats great for those dopio espresso/espresso con panna’s ) and their 124 oz size that made my heart stop (as a partner/employee I thought how the heck will I steam enough milk for that, and in the middle of our busy period?) but the prank that really got me was one of my co-workers announced on Facebook “_____ and I are so excited to announce that we are now expecting #6!!). She had three, had an “oops” pregnancy with #4, turned out to be 4&5 and they are 20 months old now. It wasn’t until the next day I realised that she had told us that on April Fools Day! HAHA!

6. Sandy Allen says:

I didn’t have any pulled on me this year, but a few years ago a boss pulled one on a good friend of mine. We still had old wooden desks, not cubicles with counter top, and he put her desk up on blocks. She thought he had messed with the height of her chair and spent most of the day trying to adjust it to the right height, when it was the desk that had changed!

7. Susan Guzman says:

Although I’ve been wanting to buy a bobbin tower for quite some time now, April Fool’s Day was rather uneventful for me. I would, however, like to comment on your latest issue . . . the cover is dynamite! I’m running out this afternoon to pick up a copy!

8. Sheena B says:

My dearly beloved saw a neat “geek” prank and did it at work (we are both in IT). He posted an official looking notice on the photocopier indicating that a software upgrade had been installed to permit voice commands to be recognized. People were instructed that “collate”, “double-sided” and “quantity=” were now recognizable commands. However, the machine was “learning” to recognize everyone’s voice so it might take a few tries before it would be successful. Sadly, his office isn’t near the copier so he doesn’t know if he “got” anyone with his prank. I thought it was pretty clever.

9. Jocelyn says:

There were lots of April fools around yesterday, but I think this one was neat.