Announcing: the Quilting System You’ve Been Waiting for

We’ve got a new product to announce at Quiltmaker–it’s something every quilter has wanted without knowing it’s what she needed.

The Magnetic Quilting System comes with a marking tool made of steel shards suspended in a water-soluble liquid. Use the marking tool to trace motifs on your quilt top. Then quilt with our specially-formulated magnetic thread–lightly guide your quilt sandwich under the needle and the magnetic thread will snap to the marks on the sandwich. Hits the mark every time! Guaranteed!

magnet2 177x299 Announcing: the Quilting System Youve Been Waiting for

Once you’re finished, use an ordinary household magnet to pick up the steel shards. Best thing is they’re reusable in the marking tool. One caution–do not use the magnetic thread in the bobbin–that will cause the magnetic poles to reverse and the thread will be repelled from the marks.

Tina Battock, Creative Crafts Group VP/Publisher says, “This unbelieveable new product will revolutionize quilting on domestic machines. Well, maybe.”

Tell me, what do you think? icon wink Announcing: the Quilting System Youve Been Waiting for

Leave a comment with your favorite April Fool’s posting.

About June Dudley

I'm the Editor-in-Chief of Quiltmaker magazine. I have enjoyed quilting for many years. And I love to collect fabric, thread, books and all things quilty. I especially like batiks, bright colors, florals, dots, stripes and anything purple or teal.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Announcing: the Quilting System You’ve Been Waiting for

1. phyllis haskins says:

Im looking for a quiltmaker magazine that had afish and a frog and a duck a beaver on the front of itit also had some paper pieced parts on ti a baby quilt. I dont know what issue last year 2010 unless it was special book help.

2. Pingback: Tweets that mention Announcing: the Quilting System You’ve Been Waiting for | Quilty Pleasures Blog -- Topsy.com

3. Pingback: What’s Really New at Quiltmaker | Quilty Pleasures Blog

4. Pepper Cory says:

Warning: you should not use the magnetic quilting system if you have a pacemaker–makes it go crazy! Also, breast implants get really hot and any plastic surgery scars turn bright purple when exposed to the system. No thanks–not for me!

5. Deb says:

Oh June, your cleverness and creativity never cease to amaze me, and put a smile on my face. Love it!

6. sandie says:

oh you silly, silly ladies! Happy April!

7. Debbie says:

haha! It’s an April Fools JOKE!

8. DianeY says:

I was about to remove you from my Reader thinking this gal is crazy! Then it hit me (with your little hint) What a riot! Good job!

9. Rose-Marie says:

I do believe this is an April Fool’s joke. Makes no sense to me!

10. Ellen says:

I’ve heard of this – I think they originally tried it with shards of lead but decided that might be dangerous if used on a baby quilt…. after all baby products do need to be lead free.

11. Ravelly1 says:

This product was discovered by my science students years ago by accident…the students were trying to magnetize a safety pin at the time……
    April Fool!

12. Watch your mail for a cease-and-desist letter from our attorney. We have already patented this concept. We use miniature steel BB’s rather than the dangerous metallic shards that our competitor prefers. I must admit, we do have a slight problem keeping those BB’s on the fabric.

13. Teaquilts says:

Wouldn’t it be a great product if it was real. Who know, maybe in the next decade or two some quilting genius will have it figured out. This is a hoot!

14. anthony says:

April Fool!

15. Bonnie says:

more I think about it the more I think April Fools Joke….

16. Angie Hodapp says:

I have used this product, and the only thing I can say is this: When will they come out with a wider range of colors in the magnetic thread? Or variegated? It’s so fabulous that I can’t wait to use it on ALL my quilting projects!

17. Bonnie says:

That is amazing, I would love to see a demo on it….

18. Janice says:

I suspect if you don’t buy one today you will have to wait a whole year for another chance. Am I right?

19. Pat says:

I would be afraid to use this with today’s computerized sewing machines.

20. Teaquilts says:

Now that is amazing! I can’t wait to try that.