Calling Electric Quilt Fans

I can tell from your comments that many of you visiting our blog tour this week are EQ users. Do you know about the QM-EQ Design Contest? There’s a post here with info and you’ll find the entry form and official rules here.

Jenny at EQ made a sample to show a virtual quilt with virtual quilting:

vol3 EQsample Calling Electric Quilt Fans

QM-EQ Contest Sample: Quilting Designs from Vol. 3

Start designing–we might be making your design in a quilt! The Grand Prize includes Quiltmaker making the winning design into a quilt that the winner will get to keep. Entries are due by 10 pm MST on 12/1/09. You can use any combination of quilting designs from any of the seven volumes of Quilting Designs.

Tell me by 3 pm MST Friday, Nov. 13 if you use EQ to create your own quilts. (And, yes I’ll give away another copy of 100 Blocks to a random commenter.)

Congratulations to Norma #2 who wins a copy of 100 Blocks. Now, for all of you who design with EQ, I want to see your submissions into this design contest!

About June Dudley

I'm the Editor-in-Chief of Quiltmaker magazine. I have enjoyed quilting for many years. And I love to collect fabric, thread, books and all things quilty. I especially like batiks, bright colors, florals, dots, stripes and anything purple or teal.

36 Responses to Calling Electric Quilt Fans

1. Lori R says:

Don’t have EQ yet. My sister is my designer.

2. I use my EQ6 to work on the quilt designs I make to teach quilting classes. I love having the ability to put my thoughts and ideas in a visual form, as well as trying out different color schemes. I haven’t actually tried the quilt design part, but will have to dig out the book and figure it out.

3. Dj says:

I’ve never used EQ. I generally use other people’s designs.

4. Calicopuzzle says:

I learned the computer by my hubby buying me EQ5 about 6 years ago…now I have updated to EQ6, I love the Quiltmaker designs to topstitch my designs…and I seldom need to buy patterns, but create my own.

5. CarynS says:

I have designed one quilt in EQ6. Unfortunately, I haven’t had the time to start it. I get to retire in a little more than 2 years and I can’t wait to play with it more.

6. I have the EQ software, but since I had to rebuild my computer I haven’t had time to re-install it. But I love using it and playing around with designs.

SheilaC

7. Ray says:

I love EQ and have gotten each upgrade since EQ3. I’m a serious user. I just wish I had time to make all the quilts that I’ve designed!!

8. Linda K says:

Haven’t tried it yet. I’m a beginner, but I’m guessing this too will be in my sewing room some day!!

9. Leanne L. says:

I use EQ a lot! I haven’t taken the time to learn everything it can do, but using the basic functions is very easy and fun!

10. dianne says:

i’d LIKE to say that i use EQ … but i don’t because this computer barely does email … maybe someday i will get a chance to graduate from tracing paper

11. Laura Tawney says:

No I do not have EQ but have thought about purchasing it.
    Laura T

12. Susan G says:

I don’t use it yet, but I asked Santa for it!
    Susan in NC

13. Nancy M says:

I use EQ so often to design quilts or check out how different fabrics will look that I don’t know what I would do without it!

14. Donna Joy says:

I have used EQ to design quilts and I just love all the possibilities it offers.

15. Cindy B says:

I’ve used EQ since EQ3! It’s a great quilt program. I use it almost daily for one quilty thing or another.

16. Cory says:

I use EQ occasionally to design quilts. Thank you for jogging my memory. I am making a quilt for a friend and need to create a layout and yardage requirements. Take care and God bless, Cory

17. gill says:

i don’t have EQ but i’d like to!!

18. Darlene B says:

I have used EQ in the past, but we recently had a computer hard drive crash, and I haven’t reinstalled yet in the new computer. I need to get back in the groove!

19. sheila says:

I asked for the program several years ago but have never had /dedicated the time to really learn it. I do occassionally open it up and use the block library.

20. Michelle R says:

Never tried EQ, but have been thinking about getting it.

21. Lynn S. says:

I do have EQ and have taken a class too. What I have been using it for is a platform to help me with printing templates from programs–like the Nearly Insane and Civil War Diary Quilt. I need to test the water with trying my own designs!

22. Sindy says:

I have been a fan of EQ since version 3. I absolutely love the program! All of my quilting designs are done in it.

23. Diane says:

I don’t have EQ yet but it’s definitely on my wish list! Love to go to Sindy Rodenmayer’s site Fat Cat Patterns (www.fatcatpatterns.com) and use her patterns that are designed with EQ! When I get that I know I’ll use it to try layouts and colors in advance and to try designing.

24. Lisa England says:

I started using EQ a few months ago. Still learning about all its capabilities. I know one thing though, you could spend days trying out different colorations and layouts. Faster than sewing them though!

25. Janelle says:

No, I have never tried EQ – maybe one day if I get into making big quilts!

26. Lisa N says:

I’ve never tried it, but it sure looks fun!

27. Loy says:

I have EQ, but I am just a beginner with it. I also have Quilt Design Wizard from the same company, and I have designed many quilts with it, but you cannot draw your own blocks.

28. Ruth B says:

I don’t have EQ but I would like to get it someday. I think it would be great fun!

29. arlette says:

I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m ready for the challenge

30. Jo says:

I have it, and used it to design my last quilt project, a wedding quilt my best buddy and I made for her son’s wedding. Long ago he was one of my fifth grade students! :) Jo

31. I have it, but I need to learn to use it. Someday…when I have time…maybe?

32. Katie B says:

I’ve never used it, but I really want to!!!

33. lisa says:

I don’t have EQ yet, it might go on my Birthday wish list, or next years Christmas list, this years already has too many things on it! I design my own quilts (so far three, two in the process of being made, the third if I win a contest at my local Ben Franklin then Ican buy the fabric to make) with graph paper, pencil, ruler, and a calculator. Thank you high school science lab notebooks! It works for now!

34. Beth says:

Yes, I use EQ and love the ability to change colors and settings!

35. Norma says:

I just got EQ a month ago and I love it!!! I’ve already designed a couple of quilts and a wall hanging

36. Nancy B says:

I’ve never tried EQ, although I probably should. LOL!