Beginning quilting just got easier! If you're looking for beginner or easy quilt patterns, look no further...
We are always excited to provide free quilt patterns for beginners! It's a thrill to help someone new embrace the art and craft of quilting, which we love so much. Quilting for beginners requires simple patterns, but those patterns don't have to be boring. The three patterns gathered here have great style and are achievable by anyone with simple sewing skills. This beginners quilting eBook also includes a bonus Basic Lessons section to help answer all your quilting questions.
With these free patterns, you can make quilts for your own home, or to give as gifts. Who doesn't love a handmade quilt? Cozy, comfy, and made by you...your beginning quilts will start you on a lifetime of creativity! And if you already have some quilt making experience, this collection is great to add to your personal library or to share with newbie quilter friends. What patterns have we included?
- Spectrum: Baby quilts are favorites of beginning quilters and this cheerful design is no exception. Babies respond to shades of black and white plus bright colors, so this easy-to-piece pattern will help you make an adorable quilt and stimulate baby's cognitive growth.
- Grand Square: This easy lap quilt designed by Karyn Ashley-Smith has what quilters call "good bones." The geometry of the design is strong and with just 5 fabrics, the pattern is easily adaptable to any favorite color family. Blocks are created by sewing patches together one at a time, so there are no other techniques to master to make this handsome quilt.
- Mediterranean Mosaic: Three different styles of blocks combine to create a colorful lap quilt in this design by Diane Nagle. As in all these patterns, no special techniques are required to make this quilt. Just stitch patches together as shown in the diagrams to make the blocks. Then sew blocks together to make a beautiful quilt top that's sure to gather compliments.
And with your free download of this eBook, you'll also become a valued member of the Quiltmaker family and get access to exclusive content, bonus projects, special offers, contests, quilting tips, and more. What are you waiting for? Learning how to quilt for beginners just got more enjoyable; grab your free patterns and get started today!
To receive your free download, join our mailing list and never miss news, tips, promotions or discounts.
Enjoy These Free Beginner Quilt Patterns From Quiltmaker!
Learn how to make a quilt with the 3 basic quilt patterns in this free eBook. Each pattern is easy enough for even a first project, but stylish and eye-catching as well. If you've dreamed of learning how to quilt, beginner quilt patterns are your first step. Quiltmaker magazine is noted for easy, complete quilt making instructions, so with these patterns your quilting education is in the best of hands. You'll soon master the basics of beginner quilting and be ready for more complex designs in no time!
Pattern #1: "Spectrum" by The Quiltmaker Staff
Large fabric patches and a simple arrangement make this baby quilt pattern an ideal beginner quilting project. The rainbow of color keeps this quilt interesting to sew and to display. Both baby and new parents will love this crib quilt and the pattern is so quick, you can make one for a baby shower in no time!
• Finished size: 48" x 48"
• Finished Blocks: 1 (40") block
• Project Rating: Easy
Pattern #2: "Grand Square" by Karyn Ashley-Smith
This handsome lap quilt is a wonderful introduction to making patchwork quilt blocks and joining them together to create a quilt. No special stitching techniques are required; just sew fabric patches together one at a time to make the blocks, and then sew blocks together to make the quilt top. Our complete pattern even includes instructions and a pattern for a lovely paisley quilting motif for once your quilt top is completed.
• Finished size: 52" x 52"
• Finished Blocks: 16 (12") blocks
• Project Rating: Easy
Pattern #3: "Mediterranean Mosaic" by Diane Nagle
This lap quilt pattern takes simple patchwork to the next level by making 3 different styles of blocks to include in the design. All 3 require only basic sewing skills, stitching patches together one at a time. When the 3 types of blocks are sewn together into rows, they create a quilt center with the appearance of a white border, plus the look of floating blocks on a dark background all around the quilt center. It's a clever construction scheme that makes the sewing as simple as possible. You can do it!
• Finished Size: 67″ x 67″
• Finished Blocks: 36 (10″) blocks
•Project Rating: Easy
Are you ready to download your free beginner quilt patterns eBook?
Handmade quilts add warmth and style to any home from humble to grand. But purchased quilts can be super expensive and often mass-produced. To have a unique, affordable quilt, a great option is to make it yourself. Beginning quilting can be fun and anyone with basic sewing skills can achieve success with the easy quilt patterns for beginners in this exclusive eBook. And it's our free gift to you!
Enter your email address here: